Essex Steam Train

8/24/2013

No.213: Long Island Weekend Part 3 - One Drawing Each Day #pen #drawing #sketch

This is the first drawing of my third journal sketchbook.

We visited the Old Field, the vineyard.  Their signature wine is "Commodore Perry" named after their ancestor who went to Japan to open up their ports.  So the origin(?) of this winemaker has a close relationship with Japan.

But this wine is quite expensive.  So I bought Rooster Tail, the table wine instead.  But I realized there was a bag for the wine bottle of Commodore Perry.  When I asked if I could get one of those bags, he gave one to me.




We visited two more vineyards.  It was lovely weather and people were enjoying having lunch in the vineyards with bottles of wines.  I didn't know that picnicking was the way to enjoy vineyards.  Some people even hire stretch limos.

The diary of Long Island Weekend started from here.


No comments:

Post a Comment